PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 6th May 2012, 17:58
RandyBMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vigorous is certainly what I consider the interview to be, considering there isn't one in the US, at any carrier. It is seniority based. I can't argue with you when you say you have flown with some that would not have made it through a "real" vigorous process, as it was your experience and not mine; I just hope you aren't referring to me!

I do consider myself lucky to have been hired at flydubai when I was. Just like I consider myself to be unlucky to be at UAL when I was to endure two furloughs and have to rebuild my career twice. I am always thankful for any opportunity I am given in aviation - something I think I have learned over a, well, not short career. I am no spring chicken anymore (not that I'm old!).

I have worked in the office on a couple of special projects. One of those is the current issue of pilot morale - which I am trying to use to better the conditions. I certainly wouldn't have tried to make a difference if I thought everything was perfect here. Take a look back at my posts and I think I have been pretty honest and realistic about flydubai, good and bad. Most, if not all, of the things I have worked "in the office" on have been to better the pilot group's conditions. More like union work (an illegal term here, which is why it is office work).

Ok, so all of that said, I agree that we fly to some very challenging places, even for experienced folks - circle to lands in KTM and KBL are good examples. I have been thankful for the excellent help I've encountered from both seats. I was merely saying in my above post that I don't necessarily see any difference in the quality of the upgrades to the DECs. Thought that to be a fair statement to rebut.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you have anything else you would like to discuss. I'd be happy to buy a round while we talk it over.

Randy

Last edited by RandyBMC; 7th May 2012 at 10:25.