PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2012, 15:11
Copenhagen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If what you are saying was true - Aer Arann and EasyJet would have taken Cork Airport to court and won.

The reason AerArann lost that case was because after the 24th November 2006 both were paying full house price and AerArann had no grounds to complain it was then fair competition.
If RE could prove this happened on any date, there was grounds for a complaint. Random dates make no difference.

The only think Ryanair is after is no fee's they got that with both Dublin/Gatwick in there first full year of operation and had the upper hand at Cork to drive them out

Jack - You are claiming that Cork Airport gave Ryanair a subsidy in free landing charges for Dublin and Gatwick, and did'nt offer the same subsidy to Aer Arann and EasyJet. You are accusing a company of an illegal act. You are a brave man. I hope that the CAA legal affairs department don't read these threads and arrive to work on Monday Morning in a bad mood.

Specifically - and for the third time I quote Cork airport

Cork Airport cannot offer preferential rates on existing routes.
Air Transport News

In the very link you posted - Cork airport states

all airlines are eligible to apply for route support through the Route Support Scheme when introducing new destinations.

As I have said if you think anyone can find Ryanair's preferential deals with Airports/Routes on the Internet your mistaken.
The Cork airport subsidy scheme is a pubished document. Again, are you stating that Cork Airport had a secret subsidy only for Ryanair?

Hmm, BBC seem's to think they did
Unlike you, the BBC is not claiming anything - they are reporting that the EU is investigating - nothing else.

Anyway - What has PAU airport have to do with Cork airport subsidies?