PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2012, 14:23
dublinaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack1985
Oh my god! This is what I said now read carefully;

Ryanair cutting fares from Cork to London Stansted had minimal affect on the easyJet Cork to London Gatwick route.

Ryanair cutting fares from Cork to London Gatwick (When it launched the route in November 05') had the affect to drive them off the route.

No where in that is there any contradiction BECAUSE there two different airports.
Please point to the post where I differentiated between the Stansted and Gatwick routes. All I said was Ryanair slashing their fares is what caused easyJet to pull out of Cork, and you disagreed and went off on a tangent, contradicting yourself in doing so.

How many cases are on-going in Belgium, France and Germany (probably more) into Ryanair receiving such subsidies? somehow airports think prostituting (basically) themselves to Ryanair will result in sustainable traffic.
Seen as you're quoting those cases, why don't you give us the details of them? If you knew anything about those cases, you'd know they have nothing to do with incentive schemes.

I'm sure you're also aware that Ryanair have been taking legal action against Air France for the tax breaks its received from the French government, which it claims are a form of state subsidy?

I've just told you Copenhagen, If I could it would be on PPRuNe - As I have said if you think anyone can find Ryanair's preferential deals with Airports/Routes on the Internet your mistaken.
So your whole arguement is based entirely on hear'say?