PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2012, 14:16
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack, I honestly don't believe that FR were in receipt of any special fees regimen at ORK in respect of DUB and LGW. Those were routes they chose to compete in and the routes would not have been eligible for subsidy. EasyJet to LGW would also have been ineligable as the route needed to be unserved for 6 months and (or possibly an IATA season but I'm not 100% on that), as I recall. That said easyJet may have been able to secure some support as part of a larger deal with Aer Rianta to serve SNN and ORK.
However, your continued assertion that the CAA or Aer Rianta Cork gave preferential treatment to FR on LGW and DUB defies logic. What would they have gained? More volume of passengers, but not paying passengers and also making ORK subservient to the whims of FR. Handing already served routes to FR on a plate seems like a bizzare business move, at best, more likely suicidal and possibly illegal.

Jack, punctiation would greatly help your argument. Keep in mind that you're and your, there and their, whole and hole may sound similar but are not interchangeable in written language.