PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 6th May 2012, 13:54
tothepoint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Randy,
Vigorous - doesn't really spring to mind. Those on furlough with a decision between 3 deferrals and up to 10 years to make their mind up should consider themselves fortunate to be hired relatively early on in the piece to be given the opportunity to upgrade. Especially when the old CP was accepting F/O office workers and extra curricular activities as a carrot.

I'm of the opinion that 4 sims and some line training to command isn't vigorous compared to the majority of other airlines around the world. And I've flown with some that would have not made it through a vigorous process! So the line experience of a newly upgraded 1000hr 737NG capt rostered to go to OAKB on their first roster is probably stretching it and leaving the door open to some indiscretions. Learn on the job with basic upgrade training is where FZ is at, great if you have the seniority but unless capt move on there are many with much more than the minimum that won't get the chance for a while.

In relation to the DEC at EK, that is by far the biggest threat. - those that have completed the initial 3 year contract that were accepted and then denied are having their livelihood dictated by management that are inept and borderline unconscious to what is happening around them. (or very conscious to what's happening and resort to this kind of behaviour).

On another note Mogadishu hasn't happened as yet - still waiting.

Rostering is still a farce and if you are a night owl and enjoy living in the night rather than the day then this is the job for you!!

For those that have missed out on being recruited consider it a good thing.
Many are there are hoping that Europe and the US will pick up economically so they can return - not many in for the long term.

Not to say that I don't enjoy the variety of flying but discussions at pilot meetings to fix things such as pay structures and rosters to make FZ attractive and keep people here are useless until there is some action taken.