PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2012, 13:06
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair did not increase Stansted or Liverpool after they went head to head with Easyjet on Gatwick. I cannot see how the DAA would tolerate the practice of giving one carrier preferential treatment over another on the same route. Even the infamous Ryan deal with Shannon still required them to pay full charges on their London services.
Appoligies if I'm wrong but I remember Ryanair cutting their LPL service and then bringing it back daily as quick after a spat with the CAA and I also believed Ryanair added a few extra flights to STN (weekly) in 2004/2005.

Again - Show me one piece of evidence that Cork offered Ryanair an incentive for the Cork Gatwick route.
As with all other airports, Cork Airport cannot offer preferential rates on existing routes. However, Cork Airport does offer a generous incentive scheme to airlines planning to launch new routes to any EU destination.
I've just told you Copenhagen, If I could it would be on PPrune - As I have said if you think anyone can find Ryanair's preferential deals with Airports/Routes on the Internet your mistaken.

An Example here of Ryanair pulling out after 1st year free charges:

East Midlands/Glasgow Prestwick both recieved 100% discounts in their first full year vaild from sometime in December 2007 until December 2008 and rightly so they werent competing directly with any routes - Ryanair had high LF's but no yield both routes were unsustainable and pulled in October 2008 while there was still no fees. The same could be said for Gatwick there was a massive oversupply at the time it went from I think 5 flights per day down to 3, Ryanair at the time had actually planned to increase flights to 3 per day that Winter of 2006 it was all bull and sent easyJet running and Ryan2000 you know that the capacity expansion above is correct. The only think Ryanair is after is no fee's they got that with both Dublin/Gatwick in there first full year of operation and had the upper hand at Cork to drive them out - I dont no if this was the case at Knock/Shannon but ask anyone in the airport they know exactly what I'm talking about.

Ryanair to close two Cork routes - RT News