PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2012, 06:19
Rideontime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brandon08

HM......I don't have a doubt that you said CX its a good company....And everyone has a different definition of a 'decent' lifestyle. So theres really no point of arguing on these topics.

But what I wanna suggest you is you should really think of 'Why you wanna be a pilot?' Is that because CX can offer you some good $$ and give you training? etc etc.....I mean for me, or for most of the people here that who really wanna be a pilot, they actually look for some real FLYING TIME. I really dont see theres an issue of bush flying. Because that what real flying is about. You navigate yourself you learn how to handle different types of situations! Its an experience! It is a very valuable experience when you look back if you can become a captain one day. While you might wanna just WATCH two experience pilot flying and you sit at the back of watching, maybe i guess you love to see people fly or just because you love the benefits of being a CX cadet. But not actually 'FLYING' itself.

To be honest if you really love flying or i should use the word dedicate for flying, you should have used all your $$ to learn flying CPL etc etc and not complaining it cost a lot of money. Because you love it thats why its worth it. But seems you are not thinking this way.....

Anyway one last suggestion for your interview. If they ask you why would you wanna join CX and you say all these benefits etc etc. I am sure you wont pass stage 1.

Best of luck