PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to now?
Thread: Where to now?
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2002, 09:19
grrowler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A pretty good time (maybe another month or so) to start getting your face known around the tourist places.

A few places I can think of:

Karumba, QLD: Only one operator there now I believe, I have no idea if they need anyone, but they have singles and twins. I got a start up there with CPL, but some weeks I was struggling to put bread on the table.

Broome: Definately a great place to start off if you can. The main scenic companies are Broome Av and King Leopold Air (singles only). BRM is a fantastic place, ****s all over KU. I'd definately give them a go.

Kununurra: The obvious one. I've heard that pilots aren't hanging around as long as they used to, so quicker progression onto the Caravan. Could be wrong. I've also heard they are getting rid of most of the twins, only a rumour though.

Shark Bay/ Kalbarri: Don't know anything about these operators but I believe they put on low hour guys.

Stanbroke/ Other Pastoral Companies: know a few guys who got a start there, Neil Bates was the man to talk to at Stanbroke.

Skydiving: Again others will know more but a few places are Wollongong, Sydney, Great Keppel Island (used to?), Airlie Beach (I think), Cairns, plus many more.

When I was trying to find work, I got a listing of companies off the aviation trader web site, annd just started dialling numbers. I remember the listing was quite old, and a lot of the details were wrong, so don't take it as gospel.

For most of the jobs you need to be there to get tem, so be prepared to work in supermarkets, bars, on street corners , etc to survive while yo wait.

Hope this helps some.