PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2012, 02:41
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack, you dont understand what you are talking about.

Ryan, you are correct - 30 seconds on google is an amazing thing.
Funny Copenhagen, I very much do actually. The deals for Cork Airport are located on the website a three year deal - 100% reduced charges for year one then down to 75%, 50% for the consecutive two years - But Ryanair got the based B738 and no charges for DUB/LGW routes (1 year only and nothing else) because they also said they would increase the LPL service and STN service the CAA let them in. Copenhagen the Internet is great for many things but if you think you'll find preferential business arrangements on it your quite mistaken.

The reason AerArann lost that case was because after the 24th November 2006 both were paying full house price and AerArann had no grounds to complain it was then fair competition.

My hole point of this rant is that Ryanair should have been paying full price to London-Gatwick and then we would have seen who would retain it, this did not happen and Ryanair had the upper hand - easyJet did not have the cash to burn.

How many cases are on-going in Belgium, France and Germany (probably more) into Ryanair receiving such subsidies? somehow airports think prostituting (basically) themselves to Ryanair will result in sustainable traffic.

Also to point out and I cant seem to find it on the internet you might have a look Copenhagen, I think the scheme that was in place was the first of its kind in Ireland launched by the DAA in 2005 it was cancelled in either 2006/07 and replaced with the 3 year cycle scheme not the one at the time of 100% for the first year only (''supposedly'' limited to new routes only)

http://www.corkairport.com/Libraries...haul.sflb.ashx (current airport route support scheme)