PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vb Wants Ya Baby!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2002, 08:05
I'm with stupid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh god!!!!please don't get into the experience v no experience argument, it is unwinnable, those with it reckon it's a great asset, those without it reckon you don't need it.

I am led to believe that the hiring of people of limited experience by VB is not a publicity stunt, but in anticipation of them spending a while ( 3-5 years ) in the RHS.

At the present ( as a general rule ) only people with previous jet experience are getting commands in under a year ( much under ! ) and people with T/Prop experience in around a year ( Yes, I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions, so don't bother with the tirade ).

Virgin don't wan't a heap of 10000hr + guys stuck in the RHS when the expansion eventually slows down.

Anybody who has been involved in C&T in both Europe and Oz would not be comparing the 250hr specials with the general level of competence of an FO in Oz. There are very few pilots who can go into something like a 737 from GA and be an ace straight away ( be they 1200 hours or 4000 ), although there are quite a few that think they are