PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor Rating + chance of getting employment
Old 5th May 2012, 15:01
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I understand why non-profit volunteer/club member run gliding clubs don't pay part time club member tow pilots, places like Lasham should. Especially when they use full time gliding instructors, who'd not be there (at least nowhere near as much) otherwise.

Skydiving, well, it's supply/demand for the logbook time for most and since they're commercial ops, they should pay to certain degree.

I can understand bose-x. Too many CPL/IR grads in the UK aim for airlines and do FI rating as a 'necessary evil'. Even if they do fancy instructing, they're not likely to have tailwheel, gliding, aeros etc experience.

flystrathclyde,
I too noticed the trend or rather, reluctance of South England/London area folks going to fly in more challenging weather and terrain of Scotland. So while there's saturation of unemployed fresh-ish CPL and FI holders, they don't seem to fancy moving as much as one'd expect.
I miss my time in Edinburgh. Going up to Inverness for the first time is an experience (even on ground). I'm yet to go to some gliding club and fly in wave at your end.