PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2012, 14:57
DexIkesa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the 4 years till my upgrade to FO I could be at Westjet/ Aircanada or wherever I choose.
Well Brandon first you could learn to read. I said Westjet, Aircanada, or wherever I choose. I'm not sure I would work for either WJ or AC, they are examples. Second put down the Kool aid and think for a second. I have spent weeks at a time eating nothing but 1 bowl of oatmeal a day, because I was between paycheques. This would be that...for 5 years.

If you are from Canada or the US the options for you are MANY to become a pilot, the cadet program (once you have researched it) should never even be considered. Get a student loan, go to one of the subsidized colleges. Hell get a trade become a plumber or electrician or a welder and buy your own plane. Chase the lifestyle not the Iron, as they say. Most of you considering this program are young, have likely never left home, and just finishing high school, maybe college. IF you are finishing high school, use the money you would spend on university (40k+) and get your CPL multi IFR and floats. (did mine for $35k)