PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Careers Academy Orlando flying school Pro Pilot Programme
Old 5th May 2012, 11:31
BenjaminCook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too was looking at this school, and it all seemed a bit too good to be true. Until recently though, it seemed quite concrete, but I have heard a good few horror stories. Now that I've learnt that S. England was actually associated with Cabair, it has got me shaking a little.

When you look at the structure of the course at ACA, you do six months of ATPL - all the while spending about £5k per month depending what deal the bloke has swung with you. He's struck a £5k deal with me, meaning I'd be spending £30k on the ATPLs alone!

True, hours building is done at the same time, though this only rings a few more bells because if you're flying, it may not allow you to focus entirely on passing your written exams, and, from what I've heard the hours building isn't particularly fantastic - airlines don't see flying circles over Florida to be productive enough to count.

ProPilot offer their own ATPL courses over here in England for a greatly reduced price from ACA. Look here.

p.s; ... also, not that it will concern too many of you I'm sure, ACA have dropped the iPad from their course - but it looks so damn good!!