PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2012, 06:54
Stalins ugly Brother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stalin, it appears that you think the SH award is superior to the LH award.
No I don't.

under the CAO48 Exemption that it operates under, the maximium TOD is 13 hours (irrespective of how many additional pilots are included in the crew). This would be very restrictive on an aircraft that is designed to have an 8000NM range (8500NM for the B787-9).
Why would you require the exemption when it clearly states the requirements for 3+ crew under CAO 48? The exemption applies to two man crew.

How does FWA "scrap" an agreement that is not being determined???
To clarify I should have said the removal of reference to the Integration award within the LHA. Read into what is being proposed and what has been removed from EBA7 rollover.

My thoughts. The company is happy for the 4 engine aircraft to remain on the LHA (or what is left of it after June). Then the A330 (earmarked for domestic ops in the future) ,787 (new type but earmarked int & dom ops) and 737 to be operated under the SHA (with applicable exemptions) to allow (perceived) flexibility to operate between the longhaul and shorthaul flying.
Management have a perception that the SHA is very efficient and comparative to our competitors, which is probably true.
Basically I think they only want to pay us stick hours, not MDC. As I said, JMHO.