PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planes may leave late in new system - Perth
Old 5th May 2012, 04:16
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Good to see the loonies are back in force.

Originally Posted by Fooey
As far as notam holding being a forecast , WTF ?
Are you suggesting ATC just forget the traffic holding NOTAMs and let the crews deal with "guess what, hold for 40 mins NOW"? At least ATC is using it's noggin and pre-empting the approaching SNAFU by warning all that there may be some severe holding based on the previous demonstrated inability of some operators to stick to their slot times.

Originally Posted by DualBleedFault
Friend of mine that does FIFO told me he is getting delayed just as much with these COBTs as ever
On the ground or in the air? Of course there are going to be delays. The idea is to make them ground delays, not airborne. The times of delays will probably be very close to the same as before.

[quote-ADBF]he has proof that not everybody is getting stuffed around equally.[/quote]
Obviously if you jump the queue and cop only 10 minutes air holding you're going to look better to the SLF than the other crowd who do the right thing, take a 20 minute ground delay and then cop a 10 airborne delay.

Originally Posted by ADBF again
Maybe somebody needs to go to the mining companies and let them know how much these delays are costing them
My understanding is that they have been told, time and again, that their scheduling is creating the problem.

PH airport is costing him 10s of 1000s of dollars a month, I'm sure he'd be happy ?
I doubt it.