PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2012, 03:02
DexIkesa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Respectfully declining the offer

Yeah I spent the whole day reading this thread, crunching number, doing my own research. Not a chance. Not even going to go to the interview. A few tips. You are ALL over thinking this process. I went through the process of becoming a pilot for the Canadian Military. I went through Aircrew selection, all the interviews, testing medicals. I passed everything and was deemed ready to be trained as a Pilot. (however with little to no pilot positions available per year. They offered me Armoured Officer instead) I did all the same tests. math, WOMBAT, apititude etc. If you look at the military forum you see the same 17/18 year olds as you asking basically all the same questions and worrying their minds off about High school marks and extra curricular activities, and sports, volunteer time etc. Anything to give them an edge. I was an 86% average student graduating from high school. I was on no High school sports teams, never part of student council, had no community volunteer time. I didn't spend weeks with flash cards practising interview questions (just answer what they ask, no more, no less.) I sailed through the application and was Sworn in as an Officer in the Canadian forces (I have since Released/ retired) Now I know that all of you are likely type A personalities, prefectionists prone to panic, but CHILL. Enjoy life. My life has been far from easy (looking at the housing in Hong Kong that everyone complains about they are actually a lot better than where I currently live and I barely get paid enough to still have food left over at the end of the month.) For anyone with prior flight experience I strongly suggest passing on this. Even for those with no flight experience. If you do decide to do this. Relax, read the material, do NOT stress about those test. They test basic math, reflexes and hand eye coordination, learning curve, spatial orientation. Not exactly things you can study for (except math). Life is a journey not a destination. Cathay was never my destination, now I don't really even want it part of the journey. I'll be much happier on a navajo in the frozen north than on a 777 in HK touching nothing. In the 4 years till my upgrade to FO I could be at Westjet/ Aircanada or wherever I choose.