PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retreating Blade Stall No 2
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2012, 03:01
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wayback when I was just a practising lunatic I did have a go at some freaking high airspeeds in my ol'G5. As predicted it started to roll left and pitch up. But the vibes good boy, jees-suz, and admittedly the old machine was a bit -ahem- tired with all the rod ends, power cylinder bushes etc sort of flying in loose formation, so maybe that helped me recover a bit quicker by amplifying said vibes where the collective was jumping up and down like you wouldn't believe at which point self preservation took over with the lever in auto go-down mode and cyclic slowly retreating. This all followed by some medication from the nearby re-fridge-er-rator.

Believe it or not but apart from the listed reference data above and the book that I devoured to pass my tests which was John Fay's "The helicopter and how it flies", even Mr. Google is an authority on the subject these days. To the point where just reading him I am thinking of a good shot of caffiene whilst I ponder the age old question as to whether i am now fully certified or still - practicsing.