PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2012, 20:46
Anunaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Dominoes Pizza forbid me of trying to perform VOR/DME's approaches while delivering their pizzas,apparently the pepperonis were displaced...So,this ATP thing was the last hope for a 30 year old here in UK,It was between getting a instructors rating but then,there's little prospects on that too.
I've attended the Flyer professional flight training exhibition a week ago and I have to say,what a load of bull...!The funniest thing is that BALPA also has a stand in there and you wish someone in the Union would try to influence,push to a tighter control(don't want to sound naive but..) You see some companies like ACA,CTC,CAE,OAA etc.. going on about "the massive pilot shortage that we're facing..",it's almost criminal,and very unethical business practices I would say. I see it in a similar fashion as the way the banking crisis started,bank loans to people and business who couldn't afford it?well,they are selling courses in masses,promising the misinformed something they can barely deliver if at all(not taking personal responsibility of the issue,no one should jump into this without researching).
Anyway,looking at my case,30 now and used to work for an airline,only started flight training because I thought that the 2008 crisis would be somewhat over by 2012 and I was wrong,I couldn't predict anyway.A lot of my flight crew colleagues told me to go for it as the timing would be right,and it did seem right.Now I have the blue book,my old job won't take me back because of the "merger" they are going through... although I had a contract,so that back up plan failed.Been turned down by other jobs in other sectors because I have a pilots license,I'm either over-qualified or they fear I will leave once a pilot job show's up,when I omit the fact I have a license,it gives me 1 year 1/2 gap to fill in....So,got good reasons for a very strong drink this friday night lol Where are you guys going from now?as I stand,116 applications(non aviation)10 responses,3 interviews=no offer,2 cabin crew applications,1 interview=got the job but on hold pool,can be on it for a year or more apparently(was told that BA, for example,last year they had over 10,000 candidates,some with masters degrees,this country is going down the pan...) ah...I am also sick and tired of this Sorry for hijacking the thread