PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 37.5 degree angle of bank, one engine out, gear down and at 500 feet
Old 4th May 2012, 14:56
DOVES

DOVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Were they trained by same instructor and training facility as those of:
Turkish Airlines Flight 1951 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think someone has to rethink programs and structure.
What???
The experience of the crew was interesting. The captain had only 340 total flying hours when he first flew the 737 and the F/O had a mere 430 hours before going on to the 737.
I've alway believed that to couple a Captain and a co-pilot having both so little experience is forbidden!
PurplePitot
You know very well that if you abandon the SOPs you venture into an uncharted minefield, the consequences of which you take and impose upon those who sit beside you, and your passengers.
There are cases, in addition to that of the heroic Sully, the United Airlines 232 flight of July 19, 1989, the El Al Flight 1862 of October 4 1992, the SWISSAIR flight 111 of September 2 1998, the AIR FRANCE flight 4590 of July 25, 2000, etc. when the Captain is forced to exercise his emergency authority, and deviate from the published procedures (also because perhaps he is experiencing an unforeseen situation) in order to save his crew and his passengers.
But I wish you never find yourself in a similar situation.

Last edited by DOVES; 4th May 2012 at 15:56.