PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue crying hard done by again
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2002, 23:04
SydGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankly, I find this whole debate quite yawnable. However, I shall add in my 2 cents worth anyway!

DJ has this whole hip, young, fresh and "keeping the air fair" thing going on. That's all good and well, imho. If peeps want to get a cheap ticket then the perception is to go with VB. Sometimes QF is cheaper, sometimes it's not. The public are very fickle creatures.

QF is going the whole corporate professional image in order to capture the business high-yield end of the market. Hence the reason they still have a meal service and cater to those pax travelling in J/C. They also have the added benefit of "seamless connections" (may I add, I use that term loosely, as pax connecting on an international flight when they arrive in T2 do not exactly get the pleasure of the whole seamless experience).

My question here is what exactly is the problem here? So what if VB F/A's apply to QF? Why does anyone really give a hoot?

Yes, I tire of the Branson whining about everything costing too much - but his whole aim is to "keep the air fair" and keep prices down (of course, the amount of profit he will make has absolutely nothing to do with it!!). This tactic seems to be working well for him so far - and as the saying goes - when you're on a good thing, stick to it.

May I also add that I take offence to the comment made in an early post that AirNZ were the sole reason that AN went down. I detest AirNZ as much as the next guy, but there were plenty of other peeps who had their hand in the till well before AirNZ got there. I find it personally ironic that I worked for the airline that got dumped by them, and am now working for the airline that is going to save them.

A small win is sometimes very satisfying.
Enough of my rambles. Merry Christmas all.

SG