PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B1900 500h package??
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2012, 08:37
Allioth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Pudoc,

I absolutely get your point, I know 700h TT doesn't make me more sellable, but indeed it puts me ahead of the thousands of young pilots recently coming out from flight schools and fresh with their 200h TT... I'm getting rusty, my friend... I need to refresh my skills, as they have vanished in these three years since I qualified... I know there are thousands of pilots out there... and I would say that if I don't do something now I'll be at the very VERY bottom of the stack...

Sicamore is right, by saying do the instructor course... But I'm 32 guys... If I do the instructor course, what hours would I get? C152, VMC... Maybe I'll get to 1000h... within one year... but then again... what's more valuable for an airline? Single engine VMC or multi turboprop IMC in commercial flight?

I wouldn't look just for B1900 operators... it would be any regional in the world... Many of them use turboprops (I would say almost all of them)... and I've seen many job vacancies asking for 500 hours turbine in order to apply...

You're right saying it's a gamble... but then... has there ever been a certainty in this profession????