PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skymark interview
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2012, 07:25
SUPERDAVEMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If flying doesn't work for you a detectice job is waiting

" Maybe they want people who have done their research and looked into what is required and the lifestyle they will have as a contract pilot in Japan. So anyone that just comes along to "give it ago" may not be the right person. Thats the idea of these forums, to pass on information,usually from people who have least done the process or are working/have worked for the company. Luckily most pilots will read the forums and make their own intelligent decision, hopefully on the correct information. So:
Non-type rated pilots currently in training. "

YOU ARE REFERRING TO THE PAST AND I AM REFERRING TO THE PRESENT.
THERE MAYBE FEW NON TYPE RATED PILOTS IN TRAINING AT THIS TIME AND I BELIEVE 1-5 WAS THE RATIO " ESPRIT" HAS INDICATED ?
Do not have to be Japanese to upgrade to Airbus (at this stage anyway)

THIS YOU DO NOT REALLY KNOW , RIGHT ?

Uniform is Skymark polo shirt,windbreaker jacket,cap.

CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG BUT YOU ONLY HAVE TO CHOOSE ONE OF THESE ITEMS AND THE REST IS UP TO YOU ?
THE CAP IS A BASEBALL TYPE OF CAP AM I CORRECT ?
DO YOU REALLY CALL THESE UNIFORM ?
DO YOU KNOW OF OTHER AIRLINES ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET WITH UNIFORM LIKE THAT ?

Skymark now has in house checkers so the random 6mth JCAB checks are no longer,you still have to do initial type rating and route check with JCAB, as with any Japanese airline.

The pay is what it is,paid on time(usually) and may be less than China, but there is always a reason for that and I standby my statement that "I would rather be in Japan than China any day"

WHAT IS THE REASON THAN SKIDMARK IS THE LOWEST PAY AIRLINES IN ASIA? ( CHEAP COME TO MIND? )

Skymark is a LCC and Air Asia/Jetstar and other LCC's all require u to pay for airfare to interview. Your choice to do that or not.

NOT TOO SURE ABOUT JETSTAR .

Also as a new ppruner, with 30 yrs experience at age 37, makes one wonder what your motive is for your posts.

MY AGE IS 57 IF YOU MUST KNOW AND I DON'T FEEL THAT MY BIRTH DATE IS RELEVANT TO ANY PUBLIC FORUM
IT DOESN'T REALLY SAY "work to live" OR " esprit " IN YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATES NOW DOES IT ?

I BELIEVE I CLEARLY INDICATED THE MOTIVE OF MY POST AND THAT IS TO SHARE INFORMATION AND WARN FELLOW PILOTS FROM WHAT IS A HEAD WHEN CHOOSING TO EMBARK ON A SKIDMARK ADVENTURE .

I ALSO INDICATED IN MY INITIAL POST THAT WHAT i AM WRITING IS WHAT I HEAR AND I AM GLAD THAT SOME OF THE FACTS ARE BEING DISPUTED WHILST SOME ARE CONFIRMED.

AGAIN , MY INFORMATION IS RELEVANT TO RECENT TIMES AND NOT TO THE PAST WHERE THINGS MAY HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT
JUST AS AN EXAMPLE SKIDMARK WOULD PAY UPFRONT FOR YOUR JOURNEY TO AND FROM THE INTERVIEW.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS : GIVEN THE PRESENT SELECTION PROCESS . TRAINING AND THE REST OF THE WHOLE PACKAGE
WOULD YOU RECOMMEND IT TO A MATE ? A NON RATED PILOT ?