PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Safety Implications?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2012, 06:32
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Courtney:
Originally Posted by Chugalug2
Are we as one about all these issues?
Of course. But I still cannot look at a case like this without considering who is really to blame for an accident. Sorry if you feel this other side of the incident should not be considered here.
Indeed you are right, for every accident should bear such scrutiny. The point that I was laboriously trying to make is that in the case of UK military aviation they do not, because of the negligence and corruption of the MOD which is poacher/gamekeeper/judge/jury over its own actions and inactions.
Corruption is a very emotive and pejorative word, but what one better describes a system that suborns its own mandatory safety regulations, persecutes those who will not thus conform, subverts the findings of its own inquiries into the resultant accidents and then lies and obstructs attempts to discover, in your words, "who is really to blame for an accident"? Those who served such a system in doing all this are themselves corrupt, but there are many within and without the MOD who have resisted and fought against this corruption. They are to be celebrated alongside the bravest of the brave, the bereaved loved ones of the victims of this scandal. Their courage to demand the truth in order that others should not bear the needless never ending pain that they have to is humbling.

Rigga, thank you for your declared support, but it is not "my" fight for I am but a mere standard bearer, it is the fight of everyone who cares about Air Safety, be they civilian, Service, serving, or retired. Anyone who considers themselves to be an aviation professional and does not see this as a fight which they personally should join has no right to that title in my view. When non professionals such as the NoK mentioned above have to direct professionals into realising that there is "something wrong with their bloody aircraft", you wonder at the meaning of the word. It took an HM Coroner (serving in an 800 year old institution) to tell the Royal Air Force that very thing before it would acknowledge it. There are many "professionals" who should hang their heads in shame in the way they have chosen to turn a blind eye to this corruption.
" All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke?

Last edited by Chugalug2; 4th May 2012 at 06:42.