PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skymark interview
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2012, 02:15
work to live

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give it a go

Maybe they want people who have done their research and looked into what is required and the lifestyle they will have as a contract pilot in Japan. So anyone that just comes along to "give it ago" may not be the right person. Thats the idea of these forums, to pass on information,usually from people who have least done the process or are working/have worked for the company. Luckily most pilots will read the forums and make their own intelligent decision, hopefully on the correct information. So:
Non-type rated pilots currently in training.
Do not have to be Japanese to upgrade to Airbus (at this stage anyway)
Uniform is Skymark polo shirt,windbreaker jacket,cap.
Skymark now has in house checkers so the random 6mth JCAB checks are no longer,you still have to do initial type rating and route check with JCAB, as with any Japanese airline.
The pay is what it is,paid on time(usually) and may be less than China, but there is always a reason for that and I standby my statement that "I would rather be in Japan than China any day"
Skymark is a LCC and Air Asia/Jetstar and other LCC's all require u to pay for airfare to interview. Your choice to do that or not.
Also as a new ppruner, with 30 yrs experience at age 37, makes one wonder what your motive is for your posts.

Last edited by work to live; 4th May 2012 at 02:25.