PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skymark interview
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:26
SUPERDAVEMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on the contrary mate

Not only have I been through an interview in China but the fact is that I completed two contract terms there.
I did not apply with Skidmark but recommended it based on adverts that I ran across to a friend who went through their B.S of a selection process: 3 minutes interview and a 10 minutes simulator assessment.
This is the first time In my entire 30 years of airline flying that I hear of such a selection process.
In addition ,I believe that what was said in this thread with regard to Skidmark paying for travel to the interview and simulator evaluation upfront just proves my point , this is the way to go and I am more than certain that the percentage of pilots who were selected was much greater than that of the previous run. ( 2 or 3 pilots out of 25 or so)
Why ? because Skidmark has invested in the process vs what they do these days and that is inviting a mass of pilots who have to pay for this fiasco themselves .
How many pilots do you think would embark on such an adventure if they knew that this is the ratio between those who are selected and those who are not ?
So I stand by my recommendation : do not spend / waste your time and money on a Skidmark interview , if they will pay for it than sure , by all means give it a go.
I also stand by my other statement that Skidmark redefine cheap !
An airline that is too cheap to pay for pilot's uniform and have their pilots fly passengers in whatever attire they choose...? what ever happen to pride in this profession ?
and lastly , even if flying in China was such a bad deal , two wrongs don't make a right...
At least in China the pay is greater , more appropriate and inline with the industry .