PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:15
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with all the aforementioned route suggestions (come on EI move that ATR to NOC!) but think that PRG and LIS could potentially remain unserved. FR did serve PRG from BHX but had a spat with charges and haven't come back on the route. Wizz have a base there but thats wishful thinking

NCE could be an EZY contender being a base? LIS is a new EZY base too.......could this be a chance for that route. I hope and pray that the BHX marketing team are very hard at work courting EZY as I don't see all the gaps being filled by others at the moment. If they don't come, well there will be more unhealthy gaps in the BHX short haul network just when it was beginning to look a bit more patched up. With the unrelated to WW losses of LYS and GOT thats quite a few routes (and more importantly) pax gone.

The other thing to come out of this which could be seen to be worrying long term is that BHX now shares all its scheduled based operators with EMA, not just FR - I hope this doesn't mean a thin spreading and rationalisation of routes across the two which to a certain extent has happened with FR. On key routes there is solid demand for flights from both, its the more leisure orientated ones that could be a problem (am thinking BE French regional routes that could be cheaper to operate from EMA?) It is of course no coincidence that BE, ZB and now FR have significant ops at MAN who own EMA through MAG....this must mean landing fee deals at EMA?