PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:56
ATNotts

Received 313 Likes on 181 Posts
ematom1

Sorry mate, but BA (or London Airways) as they should be called, have had bu@@er all interest in airports outside London, unless they run domestic operations to feed the London hubs. The only interest that IAG ever had was in the LHR slots, and Baby's best chance of continuing was to be bought, but losing as much as they do, and not having slots themselves at LHR/LGW made them unattractive even to a daring venture capitalist.

As I suggested a while ago, there were no grounds for optimism for another carrier buying the airline, as there would be extra costs in TUPE-ing staff which, if the potential suitors waited long enough, they would not need to bother with, as they could cherry-pick worthwhile routes. Monarch seem to have done just that, at both EMA and BHX. Monarch's early swoop should stifle any hopes of major expanion by Jet2, and to be honest, I think EMA are better off with a quality carrier such as Monarch.

My best wishes to all those who's jobs are effected by this unfortunate turn of events.