PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2012, 01:36
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just as it is difficult to paint with a broad brush without missing a few things, it does an open mind some dishonor to get too narrow. So I applaud your broad view, but will be happy to point out where you miss some things after the report. There will be some knocks on the Bus, let's wait and judge the platform in the context of your well put post in its defense.

In a spare no expense world, 447 makes Paris, and there will be others. There is never a justification for scrimping when the outcome is brutal, but if cost is fatal to the enterprise, I favor some economies because I want to fly.

AF will be savaged for deferring the Probes out and in, and the sidestick will make some designers blush with embarrassment. There will be other things, Radar, CRM, and why don't we have AoA on the dash? AF was caught out through some theoretical ICE, Renfrow forgot his STALL bug was too high, and the Warning was not the problem he thought. The onset of 447 demise is not so different from Colgan's cause. A small deal became lethal, due a convergence of a hiccup in the "Force", with a cascade of shortcomings, each on its own not such a horrid thing.

In an unforgiving domain, get some rest, and replace the effing tubes, eh? Such a brutal outcome for being a little too human.

All the best to you Sir.....