PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIC Time - Has anyone had a straight Answer?
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:13
itk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ITK.....either log it like you have done in CAA/JAR/JAA/EASA land OR do per FAR's. Your pick....but when a Log Book Audit is done by the CAA et al....they will look to see it logged their way in their format and in their style Logbook.
That is certainly the impression I've got from various authorities.

My impression is you are trying to force the two methods into one...and that dear chum just doesn't fly in either system.
My apologies if I have given that impression. I am merely trying to get a handle on the FAA system in order to give better answers to questions I'm receiving. What complicates our situation is we move pilots between countries, and use local licences which model themselves on various other authorities' rules. Therefore some company guidance is sorely needed.

Simple rule for the FAA....if you are doing the driving....either with hands on the sticks or pushing autopilot buttons.....Log PIC.
Well, as I've said this makes no sense to me, but what I think isn't what matters.

It raises some interesting questions about the practicalities... the handling pilot asking the non-handling pilot to set an altitude acquire, or change something in the FMS.... the list goes on and on.

You want interesting questions.....ask how many Pilots can log PIC simultaneously in the same aircraft!

Or...must you have a current Medical Certificate to log flight time?

Better yet....what if you have neither Medical Certificate or License of any kind....can you log flight time?

We can really get you confused with not a lot of effort!
Indeed!

Thanks to all for the comments and feedback.