PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2012, 22:48
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you may be correct. You may also be wrong.... I would like some clarity before I claim to be right or wrong. As I say, the language here, is critical....

Humor me. Pause, and do not go immediately to the FDR, the traces. More important here, is not what actually was recorded in the FDR, but what the pilot determined the response (of the a/c) to be.

I can ask again, the Pilots had no access, nor did they care, re: DFDR. What was the a/c saying, doing? If you were looking at a ND on the display, and had held aft stick for ten seconds, would you be confused? I would be, I might even puke... Why? because if I am worried about Overspeed, and she won't climb, we are all dead, painfully. There is an explanation for us in the actions of the pilots, and hauling out the traces can be distracting. They will not morph, they will be there forever. The crash happened once....... To gain an understanding, one must not start with an opinion of the pilot's skill level, but what his actions are saying to us...

"Started to climb". When, exactly? at what PITCH?

The PITCH was in transit, UP. Increasing to and through ten degrees. Not Eight? Not Nine?

By the way, the original text stated "..and the a/c began to climb.."

When was the text altered? Anyone?

Last edited by Lyman; 2nd May 2012 at 23:07.