PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2012, 19:21
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May

Quite a week

Lufthansa started Hamburg today double daily.

Aer Lingus increased Cork to three daily today (Mo/Wed/Fr) and yesterday
they started their first BHX - DUB adding to the three daily mainline service

Air Transat returned albeit the A310 for 3 weeks before the A330 takes over

Yesterday saw the first ever scheduled service to BHX - Heraklion, which was operated by Monarch and they also started their two a week Dubrovnik. Bodrum started today earlier than last year and increased from two to three a week.

Thomson sprung a surprise of sorts with the 4th aircraft arriving Tuesday and it was the 757 and not the 738. The latter is due June making it the 5th short-haul based aircraft.

flybe start Almeria Sunday week on behalf of Airtours which was one addition that slipped past me.

Charter flights will still be down due to the lack of Skywings and the Olympic Holidays schedule all on Thomson or Monarch until the 30th May.

BMI Baby

Very sad if this is indeed the end and if it is, Amsterdam is one route I expect to be filled quickly. Remember Aer Lingus Regional had flight numbers for Knock this summer before switching the aircraft to the above mentioned Dublin.

My thoughts are with the Baby employees and passengers and hope that IAG do the decent thing for all concerned and at least maintain the schedule (if possible) to the end of September.

Pete