PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-76: Ask Nick Lappos
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2002, 15:25
Shawn Coyle

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Perhaps I can shed some light on the subject of HV diagrams. The most recent stuff I remember is that for Part 27 helicopters and Part 29 helicopters with less than 9 seats for passengers, the HV diagram is in the performance section. For more than 9 pax (all Part 29), the HV diagram is in the Limitations section. I believe there was a change for Part 29 to move the HV for less than 9 pax in Amendment 21...
We had an interesting exercise in Canada when an operator was routinely flying their Part 29, more than 9 pax helicopter into the Avoid area and we had to tell them to cease and desist. As the helicopter was operating as an air ambulance, we were able to work with the manufacturer to get a Flight Manual Supplement for less than 9 passengers and have the HV diagram moved to the performance section so it would all be nice and legal.
The dividing line is the number of passengers - I believe the BK117 has a supplement for a 10 passenger configuration that moves the HV diagram to the Limitations section.