PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:26
pop4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stevep64

On the topic of waiting, can anyone that's currently on a course give me an idea of what's in the welcome pack they send out?
Is the stuff I need to study stuff that I already know as a PPL? Is it stuff I can download from somewhere?
If I remember correctly, it's basically a USB with a few different pdfs with info about moving to Melbourne, safety and security at the academy, a training plan, training curriculum, and then the ARM (aviation reference manual), amongst a few other things. The ARM is what you should be studying, but if you've got a PPL, then you should already have a good grasp of the stuff that's in there, but a bit of revision wouldn't hurt; just don't expect to read, or have studied thoroughly everything, since there's over 1000 pages. You will then actually cover a lot of the stuff in the theory subjects later on, and your PPL will probably give you a slight advantage in that regard (don't forget, you'll have people in your course with ZERO flying experience), but as you get further into the course, previous flying experience matters less and less.

Last edited by pop4; 2nd May 2012 at 12:03.