PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe
Thread: Wannabe
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2002, 02:15
MorningGlory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

OC's right! You have to have a shed load of determination, and you have to REALLY want to do it, if you do, and you have the aptitude & class 1 medical there's nothing stopping you then!

PiperIndian what's your problem? As I've said before, do you really think that the airlines will all instantly disappear? and that nobody on the face of the earth will ever go on holiday or send a package airmail again from now until the end the of time? Yes the recruitment situation couldn't be worse at the moment but it's not ALWAYS going to be that way. You need to look at the bigger picture mate, and stop giving pessimistic advice!

Four years ago, my 33yr friend decided to self sponsor himself through the ATPL which he did very successfully. He now has an unfrozen ATPL and flys an A320 every day!

You're not too old, it's just a matter of are you able to pass the medical requirements and do you have the ability and determination (and cash) to get through a very tough course (speaking from experience!) If you do, then fair play and I'll be seeing you a major hub real soon!

Best of luck to you!