PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Amiri Flight Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2012, 05:47
Amiri01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amiri Flight

With the interest being displayed for the Amiri Flight, both visibly on this thread but through many pm's to me, I shall update the information as best I can.

Firstly, the package. Unfortunately, I cannot pass details of the full package on a public forum (my masters would have me!). Interpersonal, the recruiting agency for Amiri are allowed to provide what information they have. If you apply, ask them for specifics.

However, in general terms, the package consists of a basic salary, an "on-call" allowance, accommodation allowance, furniture allowance, transport allowance, 6 weeks annual leave and 12 requestable days off throughout the year (no other days off as such, just the 24/7 standby), medical/dental insurance, annual leave tickets for family. Conditions are exactly the same regardless of your fleet (so A340 pilots get the same as the A320 pilots etc.) Conditions are much better than at QR.

At the moment, most new hires will normally join on to the A320 fleet, but that policy is flexible. Progression to the A330/340 happens when vacancies arise.

On the A320 fleet, you can expect to fly anywhere in the world. Monthly flying rate on the A320 fleet probably averages between 30-40 hours, maybe a bit more for some. However, the flying rate is not consistent. It is a little "seasonal" and is also impacted by training commitments where pilots undergoing line training get priority so as to get them on speed as quickly as possible.

We normally fly co-Captain and one of the captains gets allocated the "Admin Captain" role and he is responsible for the administrative side of the flight such as settling the hotel bill etc. You decide amongst yourself who flies what sectors. We generally either go sector for sector, or sometimes day for day so we don't have to keep adjusting the seats. The system works fine and most are comfortable changing their role from PIC to support pilot. If you feel the need to be in charge the whole time, you won't fit in.

There are decent per diems for each flight you go on. We stay in nice hotels, there is no scrimping there. On the A320 fleet, you may average perhaps 5 night stops per month plus a few day trips thrown in. That said, you might end up on a 20 day world tour where you are away 20 days on the trot, but that is rare. There is no roster, you will just get an sms the day before the trip to warn you of it. Occasionally, there are scrambles to get airborne as quickly as possible but these are rare (on the 320 at least).

The operation as a whole works fairly well. It is still being developed and is heading in the right direction.

The screening process (as I understand it) consists of technical and psychometric testing, followed by a sim ride if successful with the tests, followed by an interview with Amiri management. From those that have gone through it, they said it's a looong day so be as well rested as possible.

As far as I know, applicants who have Airbus time but are not necessarily current are being invited for screening, so if you have 3000 hours PIC A320 but 10 years ago, you are still considered favourably.

I hope that helps answer some of the questions.

Cheers,

Amiri01

PS Please note that this is my take on things, not any official advice so please don't take the information I have passed as being 100% correct. The recruiting company should be in a position to clarify anything.