PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recent Interview At Metrojet in HK
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2012, 22:04
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Mechanic,

Thank you for the information. Sorry, I was not specific enough - he has nearly 200 hours of G550 time (he is typed and current). So, I assume a G550 FO position would be more likely. He actually has several thousand hours of flight experience including some A320/319 time before he was laid off from that gig as well several years ago. He spent time away from aviation and then got hired by a G550 operator in Europe - and he loved the aircraft and the variety of flying. So, ideally he is looking to get back into charter/corporate flying but in Hong Kong where he spent time as a youth. He is also looking into Dragonair as an option given his Airbus experience.

Some additional MetroJet questions:

- Are the G550s and G450s flown by common pilots?
- How are individual flights assigned among the G550 pilots - just who is available or within acceptable hours? I realise charter flying requires ultimate schedule flexibilty.
- Are there other duties for the pilots beyond flying duties?
- Is there still an exodus of pilots from MetroJet to other operators (due to Bert & Ernie)?

Again, PMs are welcome. I realise there are other G550/450 operators in the area. Any addditional information appreciated.

Cheers