PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet: Equal Opportunities?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2012, 16:15
Mungo Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet: Equal Opportunities?

From the easyJet recruitment webpage:

Equal Opportunity and Fair Treatment
easyJet is committed to being an equal opportunities employer as we wish to encourage all our employees to make the best use of their skills and experience. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment. We will treat staff, potential staff and the public that we serve fairly and with dignity.
and also

Pilot Careers

We are looking for highly talented pilots that will have a good cultural fit with easyJet. You must possess personality, integrity and display exceptional levels of professionalism and customer service. If you’re looking to join an Airline that values its pilots, has exceptional training and opportunities whilst offering superb rewards and benefits then you will find all the information you need by clicking on one of the links below.
So, I'm highly talented, and I'm experienced, (just not on an Airbus). My current employer has never had any trouble from me. I've got 3200 hours experience flying around Europe including 5 winters and have 4200 hours total time. I know easyJet don't owe me anything, but why oh why can I not even apply to join them?

How can experienced FOs not be eligible to apply to easyJet? How can this be in accordance with their equal ops statement? In order to apply I would have to hide all my flying experience, and stump up 10s of thousands of pounds. I really thought all of this was going to change 2 or 3 years ago but its just seems an unbreakable trend. In fact, even if I had the money to spend on a type rating they still make it difficult and convoluted, as far as I can tell from the CTC website they still make you do an advanced jet course and MCC again as part of selection and of course you have to pay for that privilege. All I would like to see is a return of the TRSS scheme, that would do me, but I can't see that coming back.