PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Airport 'may not cope during Olympics'
Old 1st May 2012, 14:30
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to have a rant! I'm sorry, but I just can't hold back any more. A sort of fury wells up inside until it just bursts out (I suppose I'll regret this later...)

The whole crass, tacky Olympics farce is maddening. It's ludicrously expensive (estimating £12 - £24Bn now) and involves the temporary suspension of some of our laws and ancient rights and our ability to travel, and indeed live, normally. I didn't want it in the first place and will be boycotting all tv coverage, London and specifically the sponsors as a result.

I hope that they don't fix the problems at Immigration: I hope the problems get worse. I hope that the world stays away, and that if it in fact turns up there are riots in the queue - at least that way something might get changed in the long term. I love the fact that while imbecile Britain stands back drooling and sucking its' thumb, wondering where the comfort blanket of democracy has gone, other people in the world appear to be deciding that they don't wish to be treated with total contempt by the local authorities. I say visitors should go for it, big time: Fight, Scream, Punch, Kick - knock the desks and the staff over: Hang the Border Patrol managers from the nearest ceiling beam with their own Tensabarriers. Hell, let's provide disembarking passengers with firearms: Maybe they'll move on from Immigration and change some other stuff in Britain for the better?

OK - Sorry. I'm going to have a drink and a lie down now