PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Passenger Preflight Procedures
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2012, 14:28
Bjarnum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will try and address the comments briefly as this seems to strike a cord with some of you and spiraled into some interesting discussion and of course speculation/rumours.

@Scroll Lock

"""Why bother with pre boarding times when you state youre interested in researching super-sonic biz jet travel ?

This study is not limited to supersonic biz jets. Its supersonic planes, hypersonic and suborbital point to point space planes using vehicles form the past, present and future (concepts).

Why bother with pre boarding times, good question. Because this plays into the overall journey time and if you can get to an airport next door and get on an airplane in 10 minutes, then that is a hefty time savings compared to a major airport, say LHR or choose your pick.

""(a study that has already been done, by the way !! )"""

Yeap, sure has, and I have a great deal of these studies. Great reads. I would remind you that a study is usually evolving and papers are written on subjects covered a millions times before...

""Are we to return to the NJE bashing days?""

I am not sure what you are eluding to (perhaps due to my age and general lack of knowledge in this field/biz jet forum), but you can fill me in if you would like.

Now, the study concerns Door-to-Door scenarios comparing Ground Transport times (to airport / aerospaceport), Terminal processing time (Passenger processing for security, border control, customs, baggage, check in etc...for airlines, netjets, vs hypersonic and spaceplane services) and then also Point-to-Point times (Block time / Flight time of vehicle i.e. a G550 vs 777 vs ZEHST vs LAPCAT A2 vs Suborbital PTP spaceplane concept).

This is all overlaid with different scenarios. What is interesting so far is that a major factor in the overall journey time is Ground transport and Terminal processing of passengers Preflight, postflight and during transfers.

@ the boy

""We should not be discussing security or pre-departure procedures on an open forum.""

What I want here is not the detailed procedure, I am looking for TIME estimates and understanding briefly what occurs prior to boarding their jets. If they need to swipe everyone with a metal detector and they have 10 pax and the pilots have to do it, then I figuire things can eventually take much longer then what is quoted. However, if we were discussing detailed procedures, then its a matter of opinion and your idea of security might be better conceptualized after reading "p7r" previous comment.

""If this guy is genuine then he should approach NJE directly for a formal response""

Have done so. Thanks for the tip :-), oh not a guy, a bit more to the other end.

""I suggest this thread is closed.""

For this suggestion to be effective I recommend you contact PPrune.

@ Moonwalker

It is also my understanding that this is an open forum. As per your legitimate question of referencing: I will not be using any info obtained in this forum. This forum is however a place to test my time estimates obtained from data (referenced and legit) against people who work with these matters. As an example, operators quote time to handle passengers, but these are the times in there sales broachers, and when I have called FBO;s, they indicate slightly longer times :-). I also want to know what the pilots think (thats here) and they are not easy to find. So this is an excellent place to get info fast pertaining to all aspects of flight. Calling NetJets, Delta, Reaction Engines, EADS, IATA, and the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) works well, however, they are slow (months) to get back if they get back at all.

PPruners have provided excellent pointers to where to look for information. The most helpful pertaining to business jets has been introduced to me by several, that is the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and data sets from IATA.

@ p7r

Thanks, a most interesting insight and one I hope people take the time reading on this forum.

@ redsnail

Again, this dosent apply to me, as I am not bound by such media policy. I do however get the sense that you are writing more so to remind others what they cant and can post. I respect that you remind them as I no doubt understand that they are bound by contracts. However, if they wish to break their contract and divulge information, they have the freedom and right to do so, although it may result in termination of their contracts. Thanks for that updates on the "media policy", I do wish to make a note again, I am interested in estimated times, not the detail of the procedures.

@ Denti

Interesting point, also since you are most likely "doing union negotiations", a very happy 1st of May to you :-)

Cheers. everyone and thanks for your input.