PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2012, 14:20
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not of QANTAS but I have followed what is going on, (on this forum and the newspapers). Maybe its time to let Qf go, and infact assist in its demise.
Arnold, would you assist in the demise of your household or livelihood? I don't think you would and nor should the QF employees. I being a QF employee, just recently watched a few good men take a package after many years of loyal service to the company without so much as an acknowledgement for the service that made the airline what it was, not is.

Why would I say that I hear you say. Well, it is clear that this is what the current management want. Well, let them have it, and then embrace the new airline which takes its place, which is what happened when Annset failed, Virgin took its place and is growing.
I'm not interested in what the current management want, and they won't be given it on a silver platter so as to line their pockets. Embrace the new airline? Jetstar? Not on your life. You don't just let someone take a piece of Australian history and do with it as they wish and wipe it from the face of the earth. To do this would be un-Australian. The dozen parasites occupying the board are using the envious record of the last 92 years for their own personal benefit. Not one of them has a historical tie to the company, nor did they contribute to make QANTAS what it was, but only to what it is. A shadow of its former self.

We all saw what happened to Ansett, and who ran the company then. We are seeing an Ansett II with some of the same people it this time round. QANTAS is being white-anted from within and no one gives a stuff now as they didn't with Ansett then.

If Q failed I would imagine that Jetstar would go the same way, so Joyce an cronies would end up with nothing.
This is a misconception. Jetstar would be sold of and the proceeds pocketed by the board, particularly the overseas based Jetstar group of companies.

Would I realy like to see QANTAS fail, ofcourse not, but I really dont see any other alternative, Joyce and cronies are NOT going to resign, they will bleed the last cent out and then move on. Why not restrict the cents that they can get. At the end of the day, there are so many people that need moving around Oz and if Q aint there someone will have to fill the void. To continue to fight Joyce and cronies is to be a loser, but to push for failure of his (wet) dream is to beat the B*****D
The cronies on the QF board will bleed the company no matter what. Dixon still has a hand and is being handsomely paid for his link to the leasing company that leases QANTAS its aircraft. The rot is well and truly entrenched, but with a bit of luck, that rot can be removed. Fanciful thinking maybe, but it's not impossible.

Is QANTAS perfect? Far from it. QANTAS is QANTAS, but it is an ingrained part of Australian history that has served this country well. Not only as a carrier of passengers, but in war time, disaster relief and evacuation of Australians from around the world in times of civil unrest to bring them back home.

Arnold, your talk for a push for failure is a cop out. Why not just let yourself be beat up by a mugger. Let a paedophile have their way with your child. Let a rapist have your wife. Just as you wouldn't let the above happen, I would fight to keep QANTAS going. Not for the benefit of the board, but for the benefit of the integrity and dignity of the employees, its historical place in Australia and the work it provides both in and out of Australia.

If something is worth fighting for, you fight the fight. Win, lose or draw.