PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - [ATPL] Bristol Ground School -vs-Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training
Old 1st May 2012, 14:14
FlyingDumbells

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would also like to know what you did? I am contemplating it myself. I have 240TT/CASA CPL/MECIR which just lapsed on the 30th April 12. I understand I would need to do the 14 ATPLs...then CPL test (hours as required by the CP)...then the MECIR test and a certain amount of hours of which i am not sure how many are required. I read you must do 15 total (10 sim/5 flight) but my IR lapsed so does that mean I must do the full 50 or 55 total with 15 being in flight?

Also I am trying to take into account the new EASA system. I've read great reviews regarding Bristol and now CATs on here but I heard that the Bristol question bank is outdated...and not containing appropriate exam questions?? I would also like to know if the IR in EASA world requires a separate examination theory paper or if it is covered in the ATPL exams? Thinking of doing this Distance learning as would work out cheaper I think.