PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The BA Union Thread I
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2012, 13:33
Dingbaticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remember, Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall!

What a mad party this is becoming, with the storms brewing in tea cups likely to cause a few heads to roll.

I stand corrected Mr Pony and thank you for it, as I decided to turn ‘Dingdetective’ and do a little digging.

I called the number on the GMB Cabin Crew website and spoke to one of the Reps involved. Their branch was started in good faith but even he was surprised at the haste, worthy of the White Rabbit, in which they were awarded sole representation of Mixed Fleet.

It appears that haste caused rules to be broken; the BASSA branch has sturdy roots and those clutching their invitations to the GMB tripped and fell down a legal loop hole!

The Rep stated they are currently in limbo, unsure if they can step through the looking glass to a brave new world or come back to earth in ours with a bump - their intentions are potentially as dead as the Dodo. I wonder who the Knave of Hearts is in this story, for they will surely lose their position if not their head.

Meanwhile Red King Len is delighted with the enthusiasm shown towards giving Mixed Fleet collective representation and Legacy Fleet are planning more than a tea party to welcome them, although Vintage Krug is a bit fanciful for our tastes. Pimms at Bedfont always seems to go down well!

The postings made by Dingbaticus, proud Bassanista are my own thoughts, feelings and beliefs and don’t necessarily represent my employers positions, strategies or opinions.