PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD Civil Servants to stop working.
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2012, 13:23
sisemen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eyesight was the bugbear. Except when I did the tests at Biggin when I was having an official "look see" as part of the Recruiting course I was told that "You'll never make a pilot while you've got an 'ole in yer arse, sir".

So I takes me hat off to all those that pole military machines around the world's skies.

But, having left the RAF I did get my pilot's licence and spent a good few happy years test flying light aircraft post-maintenance and fetching and delivering said aircraft from stations (ranches) from around Western Australia going into and out of strips that most people wouldn't contemplate. And flying aircraft over hundreds of nauticals where having a watch on my wrist made up the mandatory instruments. Oh, and doing 2 solo ferry flights out to the Eastern States which were the equivalent of UK - Akrotiri.

I now just like to keep my hand in and up to date.

And I didn't fail the reading and writing test...... Sisemen not man (it's nemesis backwards just in case you're one of the slow of learning and hard of understanding brigade)

Next comment???