PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - individual rosters
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2002, 09:47
bwatchbabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATCO-MATIC
what an unbelievable attitude! I have no childcare issues but I would like to think that in 2002 we live and work in a society where these problems can be accommodated by an intellectually mature workforce. If NATS ,through disastrous short term management has left us short of numbers then by turning inwards and attacking each other we can only harm our long term well being as employees. The days of old/not so old masogonist dinosaurs running ATC have passed my friends so lets move on.
Some people work part-time/flexible shifts to care for disabled or terminally ill relatives. Do you begrudge them this time? None of us know what our future needs will be in terms of working shifts when we enter the job. If you or I have to work a few extra night shifts so that some of your colleagues can care for their children or others then lets continue to pressurise NATS into employing adequate staff to cover this rather than berating people whose personal circumstances you are not really aware of.
As for 'all my friends are on my watch'. Well, judging by your views perhaps it would be good for you to get out and meet some people from the real world. Maybe even some females ?