PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe pilots fired after flight deck row
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2012, 06:57
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not a good post private jet...

That said and if I was Private Jets barrister...could I argue that the mil pilots leaving the services now are not the same product that left ten years ago....

There's lots of complaining about serviceability, lack of flying with some mil guys struggling to crack the minimum standards put out by NATO...

So you can't have it both ways chaps steely eyed aviators bringing all the acquired skills you've learnt to the civil market or well trained coffee drinkers that are at best not very current....discuss

And before I get flamed and we all get told we've got more skills in little fingers etc etc, these are views from mil guys in the mil forum so don't shoot the messenger.

It's a shame there's not more mil guys in corporate, I always feel a bit sorry for the ex mil guy struggling to make 5-600 fpm with the autopilot engaged in the Virgin 340-600 crossing the M25 out of LHR....and struggle to think of a transferable skill he's applying (emer/abs excepted). Maybe he/she has had his fill of excitement and the money's more important who knows.

There certainly more hands on in corporate and the salarys are comparable eventually