PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2012, 11:43
Plain Torque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AW139 Hydraulics System?

Just wondering about the news I've been hearing regarding the AW139 hydraulic system. How many 139 operators/engineers/pilots are having problems with their hydraulic lines. I hear that more than one operator has had multiple failures and are expecting more. If this is true then surely it isn't acceptable? The information I have heard is that one company has had 4 separate failures causing the complete loss of one of the hydraulic systems. If it has happened 4 times on different occasions then Murphy's law states that a double failure could happen! Oh no that could never happen... God forbid!!!

I find it hard to believe that we haven't heard much about this issue, if it is out there. If it does exist then it is very serious and Agusta need to do something about it! Lets put it into context and compare the problem to another system with redundancy... the engines! now if there were 4 separate engine failures within one company and reports of other companies having the same problem would the industry be happy? At least if both engines go then there is a chance of surviving the failure by lowering the lever and going into autorotation. I don't like the options for a dual hydraulic failure.

So pray tell, what is the score with the operators and pilots out there at the sharp end?

PT