PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vb Wants Ya Baby!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2002, 02:23
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
Another masterstroke by Virgin management.

The lass is 22yo and will no doubt repay Virgin as a low maintenance employee who would never dream of creating industrial trouble.

With her 69K she will repay her endorsement in year one, then buy a nice little flat in BNE and a WRX ( just like all the bubble gum blondes on Chapel St).

At 23 she will get a 40k a year payrise and become part of the VB publicity machine- youngest female airline Captain in Australia. Can see the billboards and Women's Weekly articles now. The Virgin Blue publicity machine just got itself another 500k of free advertising and publicity.

A masterstroke again by VB!

And what of the risks? Inexperienced pilots and rapid growth. The risk was taken in 89 and a benign air environment saved the day.

On risk management VB may well do what QF has done. 250 below 5000, 210 by 10. On a STAR in Australia, nobody can get in trouble at those speeds!

Skill and experience is being taken out of airline flying for a very good reason.

A genuine good luck to the young lady. I feel we will all come to know her in the years to come. Courtesy of the VB publicity machine.

And my remark about WRX just a dig at all my airline pilot mates who possess this little run about that only looks any good strapped to a young blonde!