PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mouldy Quarters at RAF Brize Norton.
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2012, 09:57
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
BAck on to the thread:

Quote:
Finally, complaining bitterly about this - posting on here, confronting clerks and housing officers and the like will only see the SP being hauled in front of the CoC - and counselled on his/her behaviour. Not saying that's right - just warning that it will happen. Edited to add that you will probably have the sympathy and support of the Stn. Cdr who can apply pressure, but doesn't own the problem.
So what you are saying is that if there is something wrong with the FQ then the CoC are not able to get involved, but if you dare to make a fuss about it, then they will get involved?

No, I'm not saying that Mutley. What I am saying is don't p*ss off the people who are genuinely trying to help. We are in the situation that the single Services no longer have direct control over housing (subject to a separate Thread it its own right, I might argue) as it is largely vested in the Defence Infrastructure Organisation. I am sure that the Stn Cdr (or his staff) is aware of this problem, and many others like it (and probably other welfare issues that are far, far worse) and will address the issue as best he can - to DIO and through them, to MHS. There are other mechanisms if local liaison doesn't work, but I think that going global on this matter may not help the situation.

On a related issue, we have lived in a fair few quarters, hirings, SSFA &c over the years in the UK and in a number of overseas locations. I have been surprised by the attitude of some SP who won't lift a finger to fix anything - tighten loose door knobs, replace a fuse, adjust a dripping cistern, for example. None of it is rocket science - and most SP would happily do it in their own houses but seem to think that this is beyond them when they are in SFA!

WP