PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working In/Around St Maarten
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2012, 09:24
cessna24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting feedback Thank you. Well I'm typed on A320 but the bandits etc are from the days of my apprenticeship so no I'm not typed on them.
I'll have a good look through the Internet then.
I think maybe a trip to some of the islands maybe a good start.
I got talking a few years back to a Maldives Air engineer. He explained his day to day life working on the Twotter. He said that if you don't like sunbathing or having lots of time on your hands then it's not the job for you!
Do I know if that's me......well I have never had a problem with the sun but am not a guy who can sit in it all day and I have my PPL so that would be my "time on my hands" solution. He explained that apart from the scheduled maintenance it really was about getting the floatplanes in and out of the water and washing the salt water off of them at the end of the flying day! What made me laugh tho was he said that if you dropped your spanner, it's the only job where you need your swimshorts to retrieve it! Haha
Another guy I knew had a 2year contract in the Seychelles working 767's. Another great sounding adventure but with the same catch. Time and sun.
I'm a friendly guy (I like to think) and love talking to people. I would embrace any different culture and enjoy living that way.
So if I take on board what you say I should be ok. So now it's google time...
Appreciate your feedback :-)
c24