PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetGo Australia????
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2012, 07:51
CaptCaveman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flying-spike

Sorry to hear you’re leaving the game, I enjoyed the verbal jousting. Nice use of the English language though, I haven’t seen, or heard, anyone use the word “Prig” in a very long time, most people use much coarser terms these days. It was good of Oleo to include that explanation of the meaning of the word for those unfamiliar with it, but I probably would have gone for this definition from the online Urban Dictionary that includes a little Dickens as well,

"prig

Noun:
1. A person who demonstrates an exaggerated conformity or propriety, especially in an irritatingly arrogant or smug manner.
2. Chiefly British: A petty thief or pickpocket.
3. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying
4. Archaic: A conceited dandy; a fop.

Verb:
prigged, prig•ging, prigs Chiefly British
To steal or pilfer.

Synonym:
"If father was determined to make me either a Prig or a Mule, and I am not a Prig, why, it stands to reason, I must be a Mule." -Charles Dickens"

a bit more concise I think, but that’s probably my supposed priggishness.

I don’t think that I questioned Oleos professionalism, if I did, or you think I did, it was unintentional, sorry, as I thought I was merely questioning his opinion and his statement on the level of JetGo’s AOC, but it’s good to see that you defend others from perceived slights. It’s pity that you don’t see that could also be the case with some other comments on this thread.

My oleo is extended

Thanks for the welcome back; it was an enjoyable few days away.

Sorry if my comments and questions on JetGo’s AOC were too waffly for you, but I’m genuinely interested as to why you claim it’s merely “an entry level AOC”, when it appears to me to be not terribly common for an AOC holder to have the privileges that JetGo are rumoured to be about to enjoy and searching CASA’s website for any mention of “an entry level AOC”, doesn’t seem to yield any results. Is that clear enough for you? If so, in those famous words, “Please explain”, if you would be so good, why is it so?

Also, I’m glad to hear that you’ve learned to master your drool, me too, but it took a while in my case, slow learner I suppose, and glad to hear that you don’t find blokes attractive either, I actually didn’t think you would. I’ve just had a thought, terrible as it is to me and probably to you too, that we’ve perhaps got some things in common. That is a horrible thought, two aviation types who appear to hold opposing views possibly having the same, or similar, experiences. Shock and horror, the end of the World is neigh! Oh, please don’t mistake that for an attempt to, as the Americans say, “Buddy up”, it’s not, it’s just a random thought.

The thing with the rush to prescribe pharmaceuticals to anyone you doesn’t agree with you is interesting though. Not enjoying the “Coffee houses” in Holland a bit too much and thinking you’re a Doctor, as well as being an AOC guru, are you? You want to stay off that weed mate; it’s not quite as benign as many believe from what I’ve seen and read; feel free to disagree if you will of course. We wouldn’t want either an emotionally unstable, or a self medicating pilot, at the controls, now would we? No, I know you wouldn’t be as unprofessional as to fly under the influence, so no problem for you there, only me supposedly.

Regarding the “no hard feelings or 'emotional scarring'”, none taken by me for any of the shots you and flying-spike are having at me, as I trust is the same with my questioning of your opinions and statements, although Spike seems to want to take his bat and ball and go home, pity, he was fun to play with, however neither of you seems to be getting the intended humour, again, pity. Perhaps I should use more emoticons to help you out but Spike told me previously they were juvenile. You’ll both have to try a lot harder if it’s personal animosity or, physiological damage, that you’re trying to achieve but I don’t actually think that you are, are you?

So, Oleo, yea of the AOC expertise, will you be so good as to explain your comments about JetGo’s AOC, or are questions from an emotionally scarred prig, who doesn’t really feel the need to team with anyone (see the arrogance part of the “Prig” definition) to get a rise out of you, Spike and others beneath your contempt?

I’m awaiting your next post with genuine interest; please educate me, and possibly others, who aren’t that familiar with the AOC issuance process or the various levels of AOC.

The Caveman

To steal another quote, “The victim of a bored God”, or a God awful bore, one or the other. I’ve got a feeling I know which of those options you and Spike will opt for Oleo.